BASE Platform will provide satellite derived bathymetry data on a global scale using tidal modelling and crowdsourced data collection techniques to enhance accuracy.
The project is a 2 year research project funded by European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme that has the following aims:
- Refine existing techniques in satellite derived and crowd sourced bathymetry
- Develop methods and tools for merging data from these sources
- Integrating with tidal modelling for reducing the depths to the local chart datum
- Making data available through data portals
- Working with end users of bathymetric data to carry out trials in a number of areas, and assess the results with them
In addition we have have the following downloads available: